Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

Thinking About: Decorating the Little Monster's Room
Current Mood: Content

Yup, that's right, I am very content today. No more depressed Mrs. R. Nope, she's been banished. Just happy go lucky Mrs. R singing along to "Love Song" in her office, hoping no one else can hear her, and tapping her toes to the music.

Just grooving............

Hmmm I just get into a weird funk sometimes, especially if I'm overwhelmed. It makes me all sad and tired, and it's hard to shake. But you know what, I had a great weekend, and got lots of rest, and just cleared my head.

Mr. Wonderful made another surprise appearance this weekend and let me sleep in on Saturday and Sunday; and also took the Little Monster out until late on Saturday night so I had even more time to lounge around and relax (although I was supposed to be cleaning....).

The Little Monster did a surprisingly wonderful thing yesterday by demanding she spend the night with her "weta "(wee-ta), or abuelita and wouldn't take no for an answer. She got dressed, put her shoes on, and told me to get her "packpack," aka backpack, "yuse," aka juice, and "cwar seat" into "weta's cwar." So we did it, we got her all ready, put her in the car, and fully expected her to freak out and want to stay with us as my mother in law pulled out of the driveway. Instead, she did the opposite. She contentedly watched her dvd, drank her juice, waved at us through the window, said "bye, miss you, love you" and that was that. Of course I immediately burst into tears, and cried for the next 20 (maybe I'm willing to truthfully admit 30-40) minutes, that my "baby" was gone, and it was her first sleep over, and the first time she had been away from us for the entire night. Obviously, it was much more traumatic for mommy, then baby. All reports this morning indicated that she had a great night, woke up in a great mood this morning, ate breakfast, and is busy playing with her cousin.

They grow up so fast.................. And I have a sinking feeling that this is one of many times I'm going to end up in tears as she continues to grow and amaze me. Sigh. Which is why getting overwhelmed comes easier than I'd like it to.

I think it's just easy as mothers, wives, daughters, friends to get so wrapped up in everything and everyone else, you just forget about you. I need that break, that step backward to just slow down. Let my thoughts rest, turn the little voice inside my head off, and do nothing.

Speaking of doing nothing, I have not gotten to any of the many sewing projects I wanted to do, and I don't think I'll be able to get to it this week either, as we are doing a major clean up in order to get ready to get some new furniture this weekend. The Little Monster got a "big girl" bed set, and we've been needing a new headboard and foot board for our bedroom, and a new couch for our family room, so we found a great deal at a local furniture store, qualified for financing (yay), and are anxiously awaiting the new arrivals. In the meantime, I had to totally clean out the Little Monster's room (our extra storage space), and empty out the old furniture which I'm giving to Mrs. S for the Little Brat. It's actually really good furniture, I've had it since I was a little girl!

Friday is also Mr. Wonderful's birthday and all the family is getting together for dinner, and then hanging out at our house Saturday. It should be fun, and maybe I can start my sewing projects then. I've got a ton of them to do!

I'm excited to see Mrs S too. We've been talking (and when I say talking, I mostly mean texting) about getting stressed out and overwhelmed lately, and how we should handle it and get over it, as if we could really get over it. (Hahaha)

We've concluded that we need to do the following:
1. Have more girl's nights out!
2. Pray more
3. Take deep breaths
4. Count.... ahhh counting.....
5. Don't sweat the small stuff (which, as a secret control freak, is ridiculously hard for me to do!)
6. Vent to each other
7. Laugh

We need to just laugh more often. What else is there when everything else goes wonky, but to just laugh.

Today is a great day. I am super excited to redecorate the Little Monster's Big Girl Room, and make it a a welcoming and safe haven for her to just relax, but more importantly, to give her a space that's really hers, and that she loves.

I'm hoping it's a great week..... I'll definitely keep you "posted."

Happy Monday to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers